July 6, 2016

July 6, 22016





I have been thinking a lot again about joy this week. I have every reason to have joy 
& share my joy.  I have just learned so many lessons lately. One being how much Heavenly Father wants me to feel a deep sense of joy.  In my studies I have learned every little thing in his plan is for our personal joy.  We can never receive a fullness of joy without spirit & body, given the test & trials we each have.  I know my trials are for a very special purpose and that purpose I have to trust!  A quote I have loved is by Elder Russel M. Nelson. "Joy in The Morning" I have felt a deep inner joy each morning since I've been in union sq.  I've never felt so in tune with the promptings and revelations of the spirit & my love for the Book of Mormon has never been so strong. I know it's true!! I have grown such a testimony of what wonderful things can happen in our lives as we study it daily. The Book of Mormon can change ones heart. I've felt it change my desires. 

“The gospel of Jesus Christ offers hope. It declares joy to be part of our divine destiny... In order to experience true joy.. At least three factors are needed. 
You need to feel good about the people with whom you live and work--your companions in life. You must feel good about yourself--not in any sense of conceit, but simply a proper esteem for yourself, well deserved. And possibly most important, you must feel good about your relation to God and sincerely love him.”
I love that! 

Let's see this week I found joy in service.
In other missionaries around me. 
Prayer!
Holding up a big flag & thinking about freedom to worship & to share this message 
Joy in The restoration of the gospel! And a prophet. I'm so grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith!! (watched it on the 4th) (did not see any fireworks.. Haha) 
Doughnuts! Lol. 
Teaching Irene & Henry about the change that can come about as they read & pray & come to church! 

I would love to hear about ways each of you are changing in your lives though the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Study a Christlike attribute each week and it will bless your life & others around you!! Mosiah 5:2! 


So much love, Sister Vassau! 

No comments:

Post a Comment