October 5, 2016

Fall in Connecticut

Well Hello! 

It is fall in Connecticut! This makes me happy. This temple just makes me smile. It is across from this huge corn field and it is special to look up at angel Moroni each day. The tours going on here have been amazing. Each person and family that goes through is touched by the spirit and beauty inside. The 1st day tours were open to the public they were expecting 2,400 and I think they went well over. Having people come all day is excited. There are 6 tent and we just rotate through out the day so days are long and repetitive, however, I have seen more people not of our faith been completely effected than I have my entire time in New York and Connecticut. So many grateful hearts! 




One woman who I asked how her experience was in the temple said, "amazing! That is a Holy place." I felt to talk to this younger man who was in a wheel chair. His caregiver was feeding him. I asked him about himself and I was able to get to know him. There was another younger woman in a wheeler chair who was crying next to the Christos in the reception area. I didn't feel the need to talk with her. The Christos that stands in the center of the images and quotes about truths of the restored gospel reminds me who has died so they we can have peace and joy and live with our Heavenly Father once more someday. There is a feeling that carries with people once they walk out of the temple. Their hearts are softened. They understand more that this life is eternal.  I hope when they see the crystals in the Celestial room they feel they can become clean and repent too. 

From General Conference I loved a lot of talks. I love the one on how joy has everything to do with our focus. I also loved Elder Rasband's and had a neat experience relating to his experience. I cannot forget the spirit I have felt everyday as a missionary. I won't do it!!! 

I love this scripture this week & I have felt a lot of joy, peace, and love from Jesus Christ's Atonement. 

D & C 6: 36. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. 37. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

LOVE YOU FAMILIA, 

Sister McKell Vassau 

No comments:

Post a Comment