October 18, 2015

I Love Babies!




















Hi family and friends!! 

I can't believe it's already p-day! Here is my week. Elder Arnold came to our mission and told us all to repent. Haha Ya...the day was filled with trainings that were so amazing. It would take forever to explain what he said and how he is going to change our mission. A huge one was members being apart of this work and how sacrifice cultivates dedication. I loved when he talked about planning, there is so much time spent on planning in missionary work. He called it a revelatory experience. No one, not one of the people we see from day to day sees how much time is spent planning, praying, and thinking about THEM. It's all for them. That is why this is selfless work. He had us make specific plans for each of our investigators and it makes all the difference. It's really not about us -it's about the Lord and his work

There was a throw down in the projects this week and we got a front row seat in our car!! Ah hahahaha We were going to go look up some people and then we definitely decided not to because girls were running around everywhere yelling at each other and a woman had a bat. We were like, "No, thank you!" Some major contention happenin!!!! 

I can't wait to tell you a couple really amazing things that happened this week. Big tender mercies from the Lord.  Having Sister Eastman here has been so awesome because, 1.  She is my best friend. 2. she has people come to mind that she used to visit. One of those being, the Martinez family. This is so good!! So we go see the Martinez family and find them on a perfect night. Karla and her sweet daughter Monica have us sit down and we just talk and catch up with them. She is from Sao Paola, Brazil and her husband is from Mexico. They have two kids, who each are so sweet. They tell us to come back so we go back this week after our day long conference and applied everything we learned from Elder Arnold to help the Martinez family. It was incredible. Please pray for this sweet family! We feel so good about them. We are having two members bring them dinner this week because Karla just had surgery. 

We recently got a new bishopric in the Westchester 1st Ward. Each incredible men. The new Bishop read a scripture that hasn't left my mind since. It is 3 Nephi 5:13 and it says:

13.  Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among His people, that they might have everlasting life.
I am a disciple of Christ. Lord, what would you have me do? When we love our Savior, when we know him, when we are truly His disciple, we will do whatever it is he wants us to do and we may have to give up some things, like our pride or fears. Give it all to Him! Sometimes it's to open my mouth and sometimes it's to go where I feel not where I want. I want to be a disciple of Him to the end so there may be a lot of things Sister Vassau may have to give up. 

After the wonderful Sacrament on Sunday we pointed out a family that didn't look like everyone because of their street clothes. This family had 5 kids under the age of 10. The husband spoke Spanish and the mom English. As we sat down by them and talked with them, we quickly found out that they are not from our ward and not members. They do live in the area. She said that they drove past and felt like they should come to this church so they came. They came in the middle of the meeting. She hasn't been to church in a long time. With tears in her eyes she said I just love how happy I feel here. Sister Eastman and I are just dying inside. Who just shows up to church randomly and wants to meet with missionaries??? No one does!! That's a sweet tender mercy. 

This is the scripture we read at Conference! 

"Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."
This Gospel is so good. It's so true. I feel it as I share it. I know as we get it from our minds to our hearts it will become apart of who we are. I hope my family knows how I love this gospel and I love the promises of being with them for forever. That means everything to me and I am realizing more and more that is what matters most. Having that goal in my life has made all the difference to keep me on the path. Have a good week everyone and CTR! 

Love, Sister Vassau

No comments:

Post a Comment