August 19, 2015

The First Baptism Experience

School has arrived in Utah?? This is crazy. I'm really looking forward to school starting here, because that means Fall is closer and Fall is the greatest of all the seasons. Looking forward to living here for different seasons. Some days the heat isn't bad, but this week was toasty. 

So for this week. The highlight of course was...Lanier's baptism = :):):):) 

I am smiling big just writing about this day. A wonderful spirit was with us all day. Those sweet feelings of peace, joy, excitement. THE SPIRIT. Seeing Miguel baptize his family would have to be one of the highlights. He did an AWESOME job. He told us what a good experience it was for him. He never thought he would be able to baptize his family after he just got baptized. He was humbled by it. He gave them each a big hug afterwards that put a smile on everyone's face. 

The missionaries of the Westchester 1st ward, Elder Casper, Elder Kuo, Sister Gardner, and I sang "Come, come ye Saint", the Elder's last minute idea... We are NOT singers....It's the heart that matters anyways. Before, Jeff stood outside and listened to us as we practiced. Jeff is so sweet. Jeff about didn't come up when he went under the water. Oops!! Everything was perfect! 



Something that was said in one of the talks was to not live below our privileges as members who have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I liked that. That night they were all so happy. We just sat and talked about how they felt about the day. I think they felt so much peace. They finally made it! We also talked about how as missionaries and investigators, we feel like we know that person. The first time I came in their home, as well as Sister Gardner, we felt like we knew them. Rebecca feels like there are people who we absolutely have met before this life that are waiting for us to share the gospel with. People saying, "come find me." I loved that she thought about that and feels so grateful that her friends found her and helped her. The night before the baptism we went on a beautiful walk in Terry Town, the Rockefeller Center. 

Funny story. I don't really know what to think of it. 
So we had to go to Target to get some things for the Lanier's baptism. We go to check out and this lady asks us if we are Christian. She seemed so sweet and sincere! She said she has been praying because she just needs groceries to feed her kids and her friend left her. They are out of work. As she talks about how it was God's will that we were there she starts crying. Immediately I freeze and remember how a member gave me money to help someone and I said, "I can help you out." not knowing that we aren't exactly suppose to...I just thought it would be nice.. Uh,  I ended up buying some of this woman's groceries who begged us afterwards for money for a ride home...Well, I hope she was grateful!! 

Earlier this week we got a call from a man in Newburg. He said he works for an older woman that has become a close friend who he helps out around her house. Her name is Maeva and she has lots of questions about our church!! We drove right over there and met them both. We sat down and just talked about everything. She thinks we are some very interesting people. I guess we are pretty different. She had very interesting questions, mostly about what we do as missionaries. Maeva is so sweet!! Her home is new and beautiful. She gave us a tour on her elevator. We went back on Tuesday and had dinner with her. She is lonely and wants that company, but is very interested! 

Lisa Roberts told us we have a nice way of inviting her to do something. We extend it with love. 
This made me feel good. I am trying to work on being more bold, but with LOVE. Boldness with love is never over bearing. I always say it. LOVE is what it's all about. I know my love for people will deepen on my mission. I also know my love for my Savior will deepen. Pray for Love! 
You will be amazed by how you can start to love someone with a love you never thought you could. Moroni 7: 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen. 

Today I had my first Stew Leanord's experience. That place is the best grocery store ever!!! 
Have a good week everyone!
Have a good first day of school little Sass. EVERYONE be sure to keep an eye out for this cutie in the halls of Cwood. Love you guys.

LOVE, 
Sister Vassau 

No comments:

Post a Comment