November 4, 2015

Gratitude, Ideas, eh?

HELLO EVERYONE!

Sister Hislop and I are focusing in everything on relying on the Lord. It is so wonderful feeling just that and seeing the Lord literally take you places and then put prepared people in your path. This happened to us this week. This one day we were able to tract a lot. In the morning, we got out of our car didn't know which street to knock so we pulled somewhere and said a prayer to know WHERE. About 5 houses that no one answered and then turning a corner I saw a boy run in his house. I thought in my mind maybe not and then walked right up to the door to find this kind boy so open to here us and told us he loves to read, he has a lot of extra time right now, and thanks so much for sharing the message. We were able to find a good amount of people this day, but it was so long. Haha seriously the longest day, I don't know why. At more towards the end of the night. Once again, said a prayer asking WHERE we should go. Praying about an area is so great. I remember saying, "I'm so tired, but we're going to keep going." Well if we wouldn't have gone to this one specific area we would have not met the most incredible woman I have met on my mission who I just adore. She is a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Light seriously just shines from her. She is so happy & so filled with love. She shares the gospel with everyone.
Those were a few experiences... where we saw prayer & relying on the lord unfold. 

In my studies this week I am reading in Alma. I read about when Alma told of his conversion story to his sons just father to son, it's really cool. I noticed in verses 18-21 that Alma told about how much pain he experienced because of his sins. When he cried out, turning to Christ, he remembered his pains and sins no more. I love these verses: 20. And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!  21. Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.
I have been thinking about this a lot. The more deeply we feel pain, sorrow, sadness at times, the more fully we feel joy in our lives or "The greater our sorrow is the greater our capacity to feel joy!" There is a reason for trial, for opposition. All things work together for our good to help us in Gods' plan of happiness, believe it or not! 

I really feel I am being strengthened and helped every day here as I rely on the Lord. There are just so many wonderful people that I am able to meet every week and bring closer to Christ, but I couldn't do it alone. I am grateful for my Savior, His love, & for His help. I'm grateful for His spirit. The Spirit is what matters the most!!! I'm grateful for the times I feel the Spirit teaching and testifying because they are the most precious times here. I am also grateful that this month we can reflect on all we are grateful for. NOVEMBER!! Make it a month of gratitude. 

Here are a few things I am grateful for right now off my head:

-My family- best bunch in the world!!!
-love from home
-sister Hislop
-warm showers. Ours broke a couple times this week
-funny times that keep my spirits up, like when we went on a run & my companion completely fell face to the floor and we died laughing. 
-trader joes
-the opportunity to serve in Scarsdale NY
-The Gospel of Jesus Christ
See.. Already happier!!! Just like that. 

Ideas: gratitude door or wall, gratitude prayer each Sunday, rake leaves, pumpkin cookies, write someone new each week and tell them why you are grateful for them, show Heavenly Father you are grateful by serving someone TODAY.

Have an awesome week everyone. I'm so happy to have heard Lexi Lu had a fun birthday and that everyone is enjoying fall festivities. People thought we were trick or treaters this week. Haha we went in early and watched the Restoration. Yep one for the books.
 
Love you, Sister Vassau 

No comments:

Post a Comment