September 16, 2015

Celebrating a Week of Surprises

It's been a week full of birthday miracles. We celebrated Sister Gardner's birthday all weekend with birthday cake and ice cream. Sister Gardner got sang to I think 6 times.



We got transfer calls and we did lots of missionary work!! President called us at night when it was pouring rain and we were driving on the Bronx River Parkway so we almost crashed because of excitement. I will be staying in Scarsdale and it's a big surprise who's coming in with me her last cycle on her mission. SISTER EASTMAN!!!!! Mom, she is the beautiful girl you told me about before my mission. Sister Eastman has served in Scarsdale before so she is actually coming back! She has been serving in South Manhattan as Sister Training Leader. We have been talking and we're practically twins. It's funny because some people in the area have told me I look like her and everyone just loves her. She grew up in Denver, Colorado then went to Lone Peak then to UVU for a year and wants to study graphic design as well. She has 9 siblings also and tried out for the tennis team in high school too. Hahaha Those are just a few things I have learned about her. She is awesome. So cool. I know she is going to strengthen this area once again with me and it will be such a great cycle. I'm so happy the Lord needs her here. Jessica, the recent convert loves Sister Eastman, so we have lunch with her today and we are going to surprise her soon. She will die!! Sister Gardner is going to New Rochelle, which is in our zone as Sister Training Leader with Sister Checketts. Shocker! So she will go on splits with me and get to come back to the Scars. Yay!! 

I know Heavenly Father knows exactly where He wants us and trusting in that gives me so much confidence.

I feel like a lot happened this week, but one that's harder to remember so forgive me for the lack of information. Word from the Lanier's is they are loving Utah and it's been raining lots. Good news everyone. FALL IS NEAR!! I can feel it in the air and it makes me so happy! Soup season. Sweater season. All things gooood. Being in Scarsdale for the Fall will be amazing. Sister Eastman keeps saying that this area is the best (her favorite), which I already knew, but I am just grateful to be able to serve in such a beautiful place with good people. 

I loved transfers today! The meeting was so spiritual once again. Some of the things said just confirmed to me the HE IS IN CHARGE. He really is. He knows all things, our Heavenly Father knows us, He knows what we can accomplish, what He can make of us if we allow HIM to. He has a plan for each of us. It's so important we listen to the voice of the Lord because it's real. We have to have faith, and a lot of times fear is what causes us to forget to just trust in him. There will be times when we will receive direct promptings and we follow them and things don't always work out, but Heavenly Father sees the reason for all things and the only one who sees the end. The end to a personal trial. There is just great things ahead for those of us who live the gospel. There is a whole bunch more happiness in store. Each step in this journey, my mission & just life in general are preparing us for what he has in store for us. HE HAS SO MUCH IN STORE because he loves us guys!! 

Isaiah 55: 8-9 
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Our mission is doing a Book of Mormon challenge and trying to read it all together by December! I highly encourage all to jump on board and read it to feel the peace it brings. How much closer you will feel to our Savior as you read it every day! 


Love you guys! SO SO SO much. Sounds like football was the theme of the week. Football is cool, I guess! :)

LOVE, 
Sister Vassau 



No comments:

Post a Comment